Puffler boss levels are one of the six level types in Candy Crush Jelly Saga, along with jelly levels, jelly boss levels, puffler levels, monkling levels and monkling boss levels. Puffler boss levels are the fourth level type introduced in the game. They first appear in episode 2, Cupcake Crest, with first level being level 21.
Puffler boss levels are the hard and fourth level type in the game, making up 8% of all levels, with 138 total appearances out of the 1725 levels.
See the full List of Puffler boss levels here.
This level type is involving Cupcake Carl.
It has same icon as puffler level, but Cupcake Carl is located on the left side of the level introduction.
To pass this level type, the player has to defeat Cupcake Carl by collecting the given number of pufflers before he does.
After each moves without creating special candies, the player and Cupcake Carl will change their turns alternately until running out of moves. Of course, they will catch the same pufflers and undiscriminate ones.
If Cupcake Carl has collected the given number of pufflers first, then you will fail the level without an option to continue. This is because because there are no more alternate ways of reviving on the player's try or continuing the level since the board only gives the preset amount of pufflers for the two (player and Cupcake Carl) to collect.
When all amount of pufflers are caught before Cupcake Carl, Sugar Crush is activated - fish, striped and wrapped candies are made for every move remaining, giving 3,000 points for each. Then each of them activate themselves.
A player also has to reach a certain score requirement (for one star). This is usually trivial, due to the fact that if you complete the main level objective, you always have enough points for at least one star.
- Initially (Before version 1.4 update for mobile devices), Jelly Queen used to be involved in this level type.
- Before Creamy Canyon was released, Cupcake Carl was adding more frosting to the board instead of having a competition with the player.
- If the amount of pufflers the player and Cupcake Carl collect are equal, whoever collects all first wins the level.
- If Cupcake Carl collects all pufflers first, the message "You did not catch enough pufflers" will display and the player will fail the level without an option to continue.
- Candy fish acts similarly like one in puffler levels.
|Candy Crush Jelly Saga level types|