Monkling levels are one of the six level types in Candy Crush Jelly Saga, along with jelly levels, jelly boss levels, puffler levels, puffler boss levels, and monkling boss levels. Monkling levels are the fifth level type introduced in the game. They first appear in episode Episode 6, Cookie Falls, with first level being level 121.
Monkling levels are the third most common and fifth level type in the game, making up 17.71% of all levels, with 170 total appearances out of the 960 levels.
See the full List of Monkling levels here.
To pass this level type, the player has to match specific amount of orange candies to make monklings and bring them to candy strings to collect.
When all amount of monklings are collected, Sugar Crush is activated - fish, striped and wrapped candies are made for every move remaining, giving 3,000 points for each. Then each of them activate themselves.
A player also has to reach a certain score requirement (for one star). This is usually trivial, due to the fact that if you complete the main level objective, you always have enough points for at least one star.
The candy string appears in levels with monklings. The goal is to get the monklings in the row of tiles under the candy string to collect them. The candy string is usually at the bottom of the board.
- This level type is similar to ingredients levels in Candy Crush Saga and bubble levels in Candy Crush Soda Saga, but it is different that the player has to make monklings for goal unlike other two level types in different games which the objects are automatically spawned or already on the board.
- It is currently unknown whether they will add upward and horizontal candy flows but if they do, the monklings will only have to touch the candy string from below without passing through it because it affects monklings in the tile below it.
- Before Celestial Chococups was released, the music used in this level type was Puffler level's.
- Before Ice Cream Alps was released, user was able to collect more monklings than the target. After that, it was fixed so when you try to collect a monkling when you have collected enough for that level, it does not increase its number by 1. It still happens on Monkling boss levels and it is unknown if it will be fixed anyways.
- Candy fish always hits candies under monklings or blockers in their paths and orange candies if there are no monklings on the board. Candy fish also hits monklings to unlock them. However, if the paths of monklings are a diagonal line, candy fish only finds orange candies.
|Candy Crush Jelly Saga level types|