Liquorice Swirl, also known as liquorice wheels or licorice swirl, is a blocker in Candy Crush Jelly Saga. It is the second type of blocker involving liquorice. The blocker looks like a swirl of black liquorice and a dot of cream in the middle, taking up an entire square. It is introduced in episode 3.
- The liquorice swirl is an invasive blocker, it competes with other candies for vacancies on the board.
- It is one of the only blockers that can actually be clicked on and switched with candies, but not matched.
- It can be disposed of through breaking the candy next to it, or any special candy's effects through it.
- They are resistant to special candies. If a striped candy, wrapped candy, or candy fish's effect hits a liquorice swirl, it will get rid of the blocker but won't get rid of any other candies or blockers beyond it.
- Colour bomb + colour bomb and colour bomb + coloring candy combinations can clear all liquorice swirls at once regardless of its resistance. Color bomb and coloring candy cannot combine with liquorice swirls.
- Color bomb + color bomb and color bomb + coloring candy combinations can clear all liquorice swirls at once regardless of its resistance.
|First Appearance||Final Appearance|
|Level 41||Level 298|
For the list of levels with this blocker, see here.
- This is the second blocker to have liquorice, the first one being the liquorice lock.
- This element is the same as liquorice swirl in Candy Crush Saga and Candy Crush Soda Saga.
- Occasionally, liquorice swirls might be under licorice locks. Unlike, Candy Crush Soda Saga, the player have to hit it with a special candy to remove the lock, while in Candy Crush Soda Saga, the player just make a match next to it. When the lock has been destroyed, remove the swirl as usual.
- However, after release of Ice Cream Archipelago, the player can completely match candies next to them to remove liquorice locks without using special candies.
- If a liquorice swirl is under a liquorice lock, it does not have any special candy resistance, while when the player frees the swirl, it has as usual. This happen in both Candy Crush Soda and Candy Crush Jelly, but not in Candy Crush Saga.
|Candy Crush Jelly Saga blockers|