Jelly boss levels are one of the six level types in Candy Crush Jelly Saga, along with jelly levels, puffler levels, puffler boss levels, monkling levels and monkling boss levels. Jelly boss levels are the first level type introduced in the game. They first appear in episode 1, Cotton Candy Clouds, with first level being level 4.
Jelly boss levels are the hardest and second level type in the game, making up 6.61% of all levels, with 120 total appearances out of the 1815 levels.
See the full List of Jelly boss levels here.
This level type is involving the Jelly Queen.
It has same icon as jelly level, but Jelly Queen is located on the left side of the level introduction.
To pass this level type, the player has to remove all of the Jelly Queen's jelly to defeat her, which is done by matching the red jelly over the green jelly until there is no more green jelly.
After each moves without creating special candies, the player and Jelly Queen will change their turns alternately until running out of moves. You (or Jenny) will spread your jelly by red jelly, Jelly Queen will spread her jelly by green jelly.
In some levels, the player will win, if he/she spreads more jellies than the Jelly Queen's green jellies.
- This type of goal was the goal for all jelly boss levels in the soft launched version before Creamy Canyon.
- This goal was later brought back to the game and it was the goal for some levels in later episodes.
Before Cookie Falls was released the goal for jelly boss levels was to spread the required amount of red jellies.
When Jelly Queen removes all of the red jellies, you will fail the level without an option to continue the level.
When all amount of Jelly Queen's jelly is removed, all your jelly will be spread on the board, Sugar Crush is activated - fish, striped and wrapped candies are made for every move remaining, giving 3,000 points for each. Then each of them activate themselves.
A player also has to reach a certain score requirement (for one star). This is usually trivial, due to the fact that if you complete the main level objective, you always have enough points for at least one star.
- Before Creamy Canyon was released, the goal of this level type was only to spread more jelly than the Jelly Queen when you run out of moves.
- Apparently this goal was used in some levels in later episodes.
- Before Cookie Falls was released, the goal of this level type was only to spread specific amount of red jellies and not needing to finish the green jellies and the moves.
- All jelly boss levels were buffed everytime the goal was changed.
- Candy fish always finds Jelly Queen's jelly to removed them.
- On March 2017, all these levels from level 4 to level 92 were replaced by other level types and the first level of this level type is level 101. However, all players that played from scratch didn't completely realise this change.
- There are a bug in this level type that when Jelly Queen removes all the jelly of the player (the red one), it appears that the player pressed the exit button
Since the game has been released, this level type changed the game rule many times, at least 3. The table below will show game rules of this level type in development.
|1/Beta (soft launch on mobile)||The player only spreads more jelly than Jelly Queen's jelly and uses all moves given.|
|2 / Official released on mobile for several months||In the level table, jelly will show how much jelly you need to spread before running out of moves.|
|3 / Present||The player has to remove all Jelly Queen's jelly on the board before running out of moves.|
|Candy Crush Jelly Saga level types|