- When you see the jelly on the board in a jelly level, you are required to spread it over the board. It is not the blocker. You can pass the level easier if you understand some unique properties of jelly.
- When you do a normal matching of candies, if some candies on the space with jelly, all spaces relevant to the matching will be covered with jelly.
- If a candy fish is activated on jelly space, fish will find spaces which has candies to cover it. However, candy fish can also find to blockers although it was activated on jelly space. Moreover, they also find to the blockers where jelly is inside.
- If a striped candy is activated on jelly space, all spaces swept by the striped candy will be covered with jelly.
- If a striped candy is activated on space which jelly is absent, and the spaces which the striped candy's effect can reach, jelly will extend toward the edge of the board.
- When the striped candy's effect hits the blocker, the jelly stops spreading (except liquorice locks, jelly cubes and cotton clouds).
- If a wrapped candy explodes on jelly space, all spaces affected by the wrapped candy will be covered with jelly.
- If a wrapped candy explodes on space which jelly is absent, the jelly will not spread.
- If a color bomb (or coloring candy) is activated on jelly space, when the color bomb (or coloring candy) with other candy (it can be striped candy or wrapped candy), all the activated candy will covered with jelly.
- If a color bomb (or coloring candy) is activated which jelly is absent, only when the color bomb (or coloring candy) with candy fish, the activated fish candies transformed from normal candies on the jelly space will be covered with jelly.
- If the candy fish related combination is on the jelly spaces, the activated fish will covered with jelly.
- If there are no blockers (except liquorice locks and jelly cubes), color bomb + color bomb (or coloring candy) combination in jelly spaces would spread jelly over the whole board so that you can pass the level. However, there are exceptions that it could fail.
In jelly level, the player must spread all the jelly. The player loses a level if he/she did not spread the jelly in a certain number of moves.
In jelly boss level, the player must remove all of the Jelly Queen's green jelly to defeat her.